1) Fox Sports 1 (Pending) published their slate of televised College hoops, including the Big East, Big12, and PAC12. The network has entered into an agreement with CBS last season to farm out an annual small packet of games.
2) CU Athletics posted their schedule.
3) Again, the staff at the White and Blue Review are to be commended. They continue to do an excellent job of comprehensive coverage of all things Jays Sports. Kudos to Polyfro & Company for outstanding work.
WBR has a list of BE related online sites.Another new BE site recently started – College Sports Nation, Big East BBS . It is on the WBR listing.http://csnbbs.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=612
Play for the Garden, Holyland of Hoops, and the Big East Basketball Report are also on their list.
4) Change of ownership/management: Bluejaybanter (Rivals) and BluejayReport (Scout)
Bluejaybanter.com has witnessed a great resurgence under the direction of the BB staff.
5) Add another BE blog over on Basketball Forum –
6) The FoxSports Creighton Page is alive, albeit without new articles…http://msn.foxsports.com/collegebasketball/team/creighton-bluejays-basketball/71751?q=creighton-bluejays-basketball
There is still talk afoot that the BE and Fox Sports are quietly negotiating for an BE-PAC12 Challenge. Fox has contracts with the Big12 and PAC12, so there is a leverage point for Fox to wheel and deal with clients within their tv family. I look for such a “challenge” package to materialize for 2015.
Jays Soccer is off to a great 2-0 start this week with W’s over #20 Stanford and Santa Clara. CU men entered the NSCAA (Sep 2) @ #8, Top Drawer @ #17, College SoccerNews @ #20, and rose to #12 in the Soccer America poll. 9 new teams in the NSCAA poll.
Jays Women’s Soccer is also off to a good 3-0 start.
We lost a few for 2015, but still in the hunt for several ranked recruits and others. Several visits are scheduled for September and October (blue highlight) – See previous scheduling update posts.
Active (by rank)PGs- Justin Robinson, Chad Lott, Desure Buie, others.SGs- Matt McQuaid, Matt Milon, Isaiah Moss, othersSFs- Chris ClarkPFs- Juwan Morgan
– Jays are supposedly in good standing with all of these recruits. We shall see what unfolds. In any event the recruits above are very talented, many are athletic, and most have good BB “IQs”. This group will contribute to a very good 2015 recruiting class.– Creighton basketball coaches are continuing to “beat the bushes” and have shown interest in a few more prospects as the summer progressed. Also some verbally committed recruits continue to re-open their recruitment, so the landscape is still flush with prospects. It should be noted however, that the tempo of verbal commits picked up in August and continues to do so.
Predictions for the upcoming season: Posted in full in an earlier post-15Aug14.
Ordinarily, I would toss out some wildly optimistic, over-the-top, outrageous predictions for our Jays. However, this season is vastly differing from seasons past. The Creighton Jays are entering their 2nd season of bigtime college hoops. No 3 year starters or AA to fall back on. Fortunately this years’ Bluejays are a seasoned group, veteran packed, Senior led team. Not much in the way of longterm starters, but these guys know how to win, are used to winning, and Expect to win. It’s gonna be exciting and fun watching this years Jays, as they shock, awe, and surprise the competition.
Allow me to dampen my expectations with a bit of reason and reality. Additional pause…for prayer.Well, with that out of the way…on to my predictions. Posted earlier (Bluenotes – 15 August 14)Jays will top the 30 win (single season) plateau for the 1st time in their history.– Win the Emerald Coast event in November 2013.– Jays 10-2 in the non-conference portion of the season.– Jays 14-4 in the BE conference season… no home losses.– Creighton 2nd in the BE Regular Season title chase.
– Regular Season record: 25-6.Jays 3-0 in the BE Tourney. Win the BET @ MSG.– Record: 28-6 heading into the NCAA Tourney.– NCAA SS appearance.
– 30-7 on the year.
There you have it. gtmo’s modest predictions for 2014-15 Creighton Bluejays (Mens)Basketball.
Note for newcomers to this site:
Yes, of course I am a homer, you fools. This is a Creighton fansite after all. The predictions made above are the standard protocol here, + or – a standard deviation of 2.5%. I’ve been doing this for many a year, whether on this site or others. There is proven madness to the method.